Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Outdoor Bath

Four summers ago when I made a choice to rent out my "Little Red House" at the farm, I moved my 12 foot vintage trailer (see the remodel here) to the main acreage for a summer dwelling as I worked on my organic vegetable farm.  
The small trailer did not have a bathroom and needed I to find a solution. My FarmHer ingenuity kicked in and after walking around the farm seeking materials to use for an out door bath, I decided to use several of my cold frames to construct it.   Using the 12" high base of a large 6' by 16' cold frame, and by raising the plastic covered lid up on 8 foot posts for the roof, and laying redwood planks on top of the foot high base, it could made the perfect outdoor bath.  Using a second frame butted up along half the length added another 4 feet to the area for the claw foot tub.  A solar shower bag, port-a-potty, old farm bench, vintage curtains, cedar plank flooring, and claw foot tub make this a glamorous, outdoor room.




A collection of vintage bottles to hold shampoo and other bathing supplies. 


A smaller cold frame, flipped on end and adding shelves, holds towels and supplies.


The top of the bath is the plastic covered lid of the cold frame raised up on 8 foot 2x4's.

See the original post here

One day when my  grandson came for a visit, he declared "Grandma, you are not supposed to have a tree in your bathroom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment