Thursday, November 30, 2017

Pages from my art journal

I try to spend time every day doing art of some type.  Here are a few pages from my art journal.



A study of my eye


quick watercolors paintings of items in my house


 .

A self portrait.
The flowers, cut from scrap-booking paper, represent beautiful thoughts and ideas to paint.


Using an ink pen or felt tip marker makes me think before drawing a line or a mark.  I only have  one chance of drawing what I see.  My drawings of people have increased in their likeness using this method.  





zentangle is a fun, relaxing method to try


Doodles at the beach. 


I am still working on bird paintings.





A plein air painting I painted ( in oils) of my friends flowers as I sat in her rock garden.

Take a few minutes today and make something beautiful.  It will make you happy

No comments:

Post a Comment