Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My Little Red House

I have been busy sprucing up the little red house. Deciding to paint the entrance room,  I choose a warm rust color and was a bit apprehensive about the color at first.  The room is very small and I worried that the dark color would make the room feel extremely cramped, but with the light from the big double doors of the sun room, I think it turned out perfect.


The room measures about 9x10 feet. Everything is second hand of course, even the
 paint, I picked it up at the local RE-STORE. I haven't painted the trim
 around the ceiling yet. I am still deciding on what color to use. Any suggestions?

.

A shelf we built into the wall holds vintage books.


I moved this lamp from the trailer at the farm. 
 It now resides by the window in the corner of the one and only bedroom.


I added this old mirror to my dresser. The veneer top wore off long ago. 
 I removed what was left of it exposing some really nice solid wood boards
 and painted them a warm brown.


I made a new table for the kitchen out of a sofa table and boards from and old water bed.
  It is not very wide and by scooting it under the window
 it gives us more room in the tiny kitchen.


I couldn't resist putting flowers on this fellow who hangs over the small doorway
 into my 3 foot wide by 10 foot long library.
Spring cleaning and fixing up. It makes my little red house smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment